White Bear Lake, MN 55110
E-Mail: terzap [at] gmail [dot] com
- Dedicated and meticulous Editor/Graphics Designer/Artist with diverse set of both artistic and technical talents.
- More than 25 years’ experience creating and editing documents in both printed and digital formats.
- Successful completion of numerous high-quality freelance projects involving eBook formatting, proofreading, and book cover design.
- Published author of 5 full length novels and 2 novellas which showcase both creative talent and advanced understanding of grammar and language usage.
- Technically proficient and able to acquire new skills easily.
Summary of Skills
- Write, copyedit, proofread, fact check
- Layout, typography, format of printed books, e-books, web pages, and marketing materials.
- Produce EPUB, Mobipocket, Kindle. PDF, and PalmOS content
- Format and edit XHTML and CSS compliant documents
- Cross-reference and index large documents
- Crop, rotate, retouch, edit and insert images into documents
- Artist in traditional/computer media
- Create digital vector line drawings from photographs
- Social media content creation and deployment, i.e., Facebook, Twitter, WordPress
- Conversant with Macs, PCs, and tablets
- Office/Word for PC and Mac
- Adobe CreativeSuite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Bridge, Acrobat.
- Anthemion eCub, Mobipocket, Sigil
- CorelDraw, PaintShop Pro, Gimp
- Daz Studio 3D
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Fontographer (Macromedia)
- FTP applications
- iTunes Producer
January 1995 to Current
- Using industry standard tools (Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), designed and created documents such as book covers, novels, manuals, brochures, business cards, logos, booklets, and promotional flyers.
- Using Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat, Dreamweaver, eCub, Sigil, and Mobipocket, edited and formatted text for print, mobile, e-reader, or web publication.
- Copyedited, proofread, and suggested revision regarding spelling, grammar, punctuation, usage, consistency. Checked facts when appropriate.
October 2014 – Current
- Using Microsoft Word and Kindle, performed proofreading and “oops-detection” for issues with spelling, grammar, usage, punctuation, and continuity in fiction manuscripts, using both the contractor’s and client’s formatting and style guides while staying within the client’s timetable and budget.
- Checked facts, copyright, and trademark issues
January 2006 to January 2008
Express Personnel/Shindaiwa Corporation Tualatin, Oregon
Technical Publications Specialist
- Applied edits and revisions to product manuals in multiple languages in timely fashion to meet deadlines.
- Produced new product manuals within assigned timeline.
- Created and edited both photos and line art for product manuals.
- Assisted the Engineering department in creating a streamlined, time and cost saving process for producing owner manuals and maintaining a centralized image pool.
- Coached coworkers unfamiliar with Adobe CS to become more comfortable with certain aspects of the application to increase productivity.
January 2006 to November 2006
Emerald Staffing Lake Oswego, OR
- Performed quick, accurate, and professional general office services including data entry, phone calls, filing, mailing, copying
January 1998 to September 2006
Aatrix Software, Inc., Grand Forks, ND
- Wrote and updated User Manuals, Help guides, and user-friendly documentation for payroll and accounting software.
- Edited marketing materials, documentation, and Web content for other departments.
- Designed cover and interior graphics and layouts and prepared them for printing or Web deployment.
- Created and maintained an extensive online help website
- Designed graphical interface elements for software programs
- Designed specialized graphical elements for various presentations.
- Performed various office duties such as filing, faxing, shredding, and cleanup.
Somerset County College (presently Raritan Valley Community College) North Branch, NJ, Liberal Arts
Trenton State College Ewing, NJ, Liberal Arts, Fine Arts